Friday, December 4, 2009

Love is how we’ll need to run ; finding indomitable love in Afghan disappointment

Please listen to Abdulai’s disappointment and love “I was very young during the Taliban war. I fled to the Baba Mountains with my family..”


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RCzd68KN9I



I was very young during the Taliban war. I fled to the Baba Mountains with my family.There was lots of snow then. When I returned…I never saw my father again.



We shouldn’t continue this manner of life. This life is hard & difficult.



We should have a good & better life through peace & reconciliation.



A resolute love can change every human being & every violent person.



Dear friends in Afghanistan & the world, we may not make it…



But as Ghandi encouraged, ‘ Be the change you want to see in the world.’



More troops & more war make life tough for us.



But we will still move towards love & truth.



Let we ourselves, the youth, bring change. Yes..yes..yes!



Love is how we’ll ask for peace! Let’s move…let’s go!



When disappointment closes in like another moon-less night


We pause in our madness as mere dying Men


From this grief we salvage an indomitable love


That turns even tears into rivers of light


That breaks out in a run, however weary our sight



We will still move towards love & truth



With love, we ask the Nobel Peace Laureate President Obama for a Reconciliation of Civil Hearts

No comments: